Web reputation/web detection

Please enter your wishes into this forum. Bitte Wünsche in diesem Forum plazieren
ShelbyGT500

Web reputation/web detection

Post by ShelbyGT500 » 24 Oct 2011 19:57

Hi,

Many security suites or UTM include a device of web reputation/web Detection, which prevent the user from accessing a site containing malware or phishing.

Activate the google safe browsing database in Clamav can be a first step.

It would be interesting to integrate in Copfilter a device to prevent access to sites containing malware or phishing threat.

Phish thank site http://www.phishtank.com/developer_info.php offers tools development project. Maybe they can be integrated into Copfilter?

Regards.

karesmakro
Site Admin

Re: Web reputation/web detection

Post by karesmakro » 05 Nov 2011 14:19

I'm of your opinion! Actually I integrate DNSBL, own domain deny lists and urlfilter with C-ICAP.
C-ICAP give us the full flexibility to integrate other features, as you have already proposed.

ICAP is running stable! I've only to complete the GUI, to be able to make the settings

regards

ShelbyGT500

Re: Web reputation/web detection

Post by ShelbyGT500 » 05 Nov 2011 17:23

Hi Karesmakro,
karesmakro wrote:I integrate DNSBL, own domain deny lists and urlfilter with C-ICAP.
What a good news ! :P

I can give you some malware database ;) . I actually use them with URLfilter and IPcop V1 , but there are few automatic update because they are not in the native format of URLfilter.Pehaps they could be integrated ...
karesmakro wrote:ICAP is running stable! I've only to complete the GUI, to be able to make the settings
I'm look forward to test this new version !

Regards