VPN client

Please enter your wishes into this forum. Bitte Wünsche in diesem Forum plazieren

VPN client

Postby bmail » 09 Feb 2012 00:58

Hello,

I think it would be great if copfilter could included an openvpn client. Zerina already provided an openvpn server, but no add-on for a client. As lots of countries seem to agree with some restrictions concerning web traffic, I think it would a good idea to add this feature to ipcop, and why not within copfilter ?

Best regards.
bmail

Re: VPN client

Postby karesmakro » 10 Feb 2012 21:58

Hi bmail and thank you for your suggestion :)

But I think there should'nt be a problem, to configure the already installed openvpn binary to act as a client.
The openvpn can act as a server or as a client, it depends on how it is configured!
You have only to remove the server options and add a remote address and port to connect. Use the documentation on the openvpn options
http://www.openvpn.net/index.php/open-s ... ation.html
I admit, there is missing an option in the gui to configure. I'm sure, there are only some small adjustments needed, to work as client.

I would say, there is no need to support this option in a Copfilter release and has nothing to do with filtering, but I think I can take the time to give a try to see, which steps you have to do
If it becomes necessary, I would offer it as a single package.

regards
karesmakro
Site Admin

Return to Wish List