copfilter routing cleansed mail to external URL??

This forum is for all copfilter version 2 support related questions in English. (IPCop version 2)
wodgey

copfilter routing cleansed mail to external URL??

Post by wodgey » 10 Aug 2015 01:05

Hi,

I've setup copfiler before with success, forwarding cleansed mail to an in-house server on the green network.

Now I have another project whereby I wish to have copfilter running at my friends house (nice fibre connection with static IP address) and then forwarding to my online hosted exchange mailboxes.

We have two MX records setup for the hosted exchange in format of :
hub1.whichever.host
hub2.whichever.host

How do I set this up in the easiest way? Do I just resolve an IP address for one of the exchangers and put that in for the email server IP address? Am I missing something really obvious and stupid here?

ShelbyGT500

Re: copfilter routing cleansed mail to external URL??

Post by ShelbyGT500 » 13 Aug 2015 15:25

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Please, can you add a diagram with the exchange server, IPCOP, mail clients,.. ....

Regards.

ShelbyGT500

wodgey

Post by wodgey » 13 Aug 2015 17:38

ok, i'll do my best with ascii
What we have now,

[Hosted Exchange server, hosted by UKFast.co.uk] <<<< ---------------------- MX record for email pointed to our host
|
|
|
{the internet}
| \
| \
| \
| \
| (iPhonesn via exchange account etc)
|
(our office and business premises)

WHat I want to acchieve

[Hosted Exchange server, hosted by UKFast.co.uk] MX record for email pointed to our host
| /
| /
| /
{the internet} ----------------------------------- [IPCop/Copfilter at Friends house, forwarding SA/Clam filtered mail back to UKfast]
| \
| \
| \
| \
| (iPhonesn via exchange account etc)
|
(our office and business premises)

ShelbyGT500

Post by ShelbyGT500 » 19 Aug 2015 11:20

Hi,

I don't think you can do that with IPCOP.
Have a try with other tools, for example with Mailcleaner (there is an open source edition ), wich can protect and point to your hosts (http://www.mailcleaner.org/doku.php/doc ... ion:domain).

Regards.

ShelbyGT500