Copfilter-2.0.90beta4 for IPCop 1.9.x released

This forum is for all copfilter version 2 support related questions in English. (IPCop version 2)

Copfilter-2.0.90beta4 for IPCop 1.9.x released

Postby karesmakro » 23 Jan 2011 17:51

As I and a few other users were working hard on the Copfilter v2 release for having a stable release for the upcoming IPCop v2 version, I now have the honor to publish this release! ;)
I want to say a big thanks to all users, as their interest for having a stable release was a reason to test, to correct, make improvements and support the Copfilter v2!

It is planned to create new Copfilter v2 sections in the forum, to have a better overview.

I hope, you find this piece of software useful and makes your network a little bit safer!

Please report any bugs and it would be nice, to get your feedback. This release is the first one and is mostly build, like the Copfilter v1 version. It is planned a second version with a few new addons like ASSP, perhaps Kaspersky and some little improvements.

Download at http://www.copfilter.org
or at SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/copfilter/

Actual testet on IPCop Releases 1.9.7 - 1.9.19
Note:copfilter-2.0.90beta4 is only a prerelease, until IPCop 2.0 stable has been released!

I want to describe a way, to use the Copfilter v1 settings in Copfilter v2!
But this steps are for experienced users only!

The difficulty is, to get the bayes database of spamassassin working again, as the berkley db was upgraded in Copfilter v2!

1. Step would be, to create a backup of old copfilter settings, so login to your ipcop 1.4.x installation and change to root
Code: Select all
cd

./copfilter/setup_util -b

2. open WinSCP/SCP and make a backup of the created copfilter folder from /var/ipcop directory
3. install IPCop 1.9.x and Copfilter v2 as usual
4. open WinSCP/SCP again and copy the backuped copfilter folder to /var/ipcop
5. login in to your new IPCop installation change again to root directory
cd

6. restore your Copfilter v1 settings (but please do not try to start a service) by typing
./copfilter/setup_util -r

7. so now comes the clue (as I copied the Berkeley DB Tools to copfilter)
cd /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/lib ./db_upgrade /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/bayes_toks
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/lib ./db_dump /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/bayes_toks > dmp
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/lib ./db_load bayes_toks < dmp
mv ./bayes_toks /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/

8. bayes_seen should also be upgraded
cd /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/lib ./db_upgrade /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/bayes_seen
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/lib ./db_dump /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/bayes_seen > dmp
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/tools/lib ./db_load bayes_seen < dmp
mv ./bayes_seen /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/

9. correct ownership
chown spam:spam /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/var/bayes/*

10. change to your Copfilter v2 Web GUI and save for each services, you have used in Copfilter v1, the settings without (re)starting the service
11. after you have saved all settings, change to the Copfilter v2 status page and click button "Restart all services"

and all should working fine :D

regards
karesmakro
Site Admin

Re: Copfilter-2.0.90beta4 for IPCop 1.9.x released

Postby karesmakro » 05 Feb 2011 23:00

I have to make an announcement, which is not so nice! But do not worry, this belongs not to new Copfilter v2 version. As Markus created the new Copfilter v2 areas in Copfilter Forum, I thought to move the v2 threads from Copfilter v1 area to the right place, I made an error and created a link to old area, which was a possible option. I thought, that will be created only a notice for moving the thread in another section, but what happened was, the thread was now avaliable two times. O.k I thought, delete the on in v1 and having one thread. That was a big mistake, there was deleted both :o

As I remember, they were predominantly changelogs for Copfilter v2. I hope, I'm right, because it would mean a lot of work to recover this thread. So I can only say sorry to you and in future I will be more careful!

1 change is needed for new v2 in copfilter_p3scan init script
There was declared the wrong iptable rules for removing the entries, if service is stopped and found some writing errors in orange network rules!

Changelog 02.02.2011

- fixed copfilter_p3scan init script (download copfilter_p3scan patch for copfilter-2.0.90beta4)

Install Instructions:

wget http://www.it-connect-unix.de/jdownloads/copfilter-bugfixes-v2/copfilter_p3scan.patch

(Download this Patch wherever you want on IPCop!)
patch -p0 < copfilter_p3scan.patch

or download copfilter_p3scan, extract and replace copfilter_p3scan with the one in /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/p3scan/etc/init.d

md5sum: f2e2e2d498877ac5971b5e9ffe34dfe5

regards
karesmakro
Site Admin

Return to English Copfilter v2 Support