2.0.91 & SPAM White / Blacklist [SOLVED]

This forum is for all copfilter version 2 support related questions in English. (IPCop version 2)

2.0.91 & SPAM White / Blacklist [SOLVED]

Postby moshari_3 » 14 Jan 2012 12:28

Hi,

I think I misunderstood the survey posted about White/Blacklists.
I thought you were talking about removing the feature of adding recipients email address automatically to the whitelist when sending an email to them. :(

I didn't realise you were talking about removing the list completely so even a manual addition the the list would be excluded.
This has now made it impossible for me to receive email from my employer for example unless I turn the score up so high everything gets through or turn the SPAM Filter off. :(

Any chance of getting this back or telling me how to get it woring again.

Regards Moshari.
Last edited by moshari_3 on 15 Jan 2012 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
moshari_3

Re: 2.0.91 & SPAM White / Blacklist

Postby karesmakro » 14 Jan 2012 16:13

Hi Moshari!

The Black- and Whitelist is still in Copfilter! I made only adjustments for using shortcircuit function from spamassassin!
I added the shortcircuit header to the spamresult, if you open a mail and show it in raw format! Check spamd.log, if you can see any shortcircuit messages.

Black- and Whitelist should work!
I had toyed with the idea, to remove the mail command mode, to add and remove Black- and Whitelist handling. But I didn't ;)

The only thing, I've done, I added a network check for the mail command mode, to check, where the mail comes from! If this does not work, please report!

So we find a solution for your problem :)

regards
karesmakro
Site Admin

Postby moshari_3 » 14 Jan 2012 17:14

Hi Kare,

Sorry to be a pain with this.
I actually only want to be able to manualy add to the white / black list & never turn the auto add from sent emails on.
Seems that the install I downloaded is missing code to handle the black listed emails.
I have looked through the code in mailscanner.sh and a lot of code for black & white list seems to be missing compared the v2.0.90 version.
Also when I click on the links to edit the white or black list I get this displayed in the browser:

Error!
Your settings file could not be found.

The file ****/cgi-bin/cp_spam_whitelist/index.php is actually there but not sure where the settings file or white/black list file is.

I can post the missing content of mailscanner.sh or send you both versions of the file if you want to compare.

I will have a look at the next spamed email & see what I can find for your shortcut message.

EDIT: I had a look at the raw info from a quarantined email.
X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=15.5 required=9.0 tests=DCC_CHECK,
FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT,FREEMAIL_FROM,HTML_MESSAGE,RDNS_NONE,SPF_FAIL
shortcircuit=no autolearn=disabled version=3.3.2

This was in the spamd.log:
Sat Jan 14 19:19:32 2012 [11873] info: spamd: identified spam (15.5/9.0) for filter:1001 in 32.7 seconds, 3645 bytes.
Sat Jan 14 19:19:32 2012 [11873] info: spamd: result: Y 15 - DCC_CHECK,FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT,FREEMAIL_FROM,HTML_MESSAGE,RDNS_NONE,SPF_FAIL scantime=32.7,size=3645,user=filter,uid=1001,required_score=9.0,rhost=localhost,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=38595,mid=<2fe017e4.d0c3.134db3207a2.Coremail.henry123@vip.163.com>,autolearn=disabled,shortcircuit=no
Sat Jan 14 19:19:32 2012 [11849] info: prefork: child states: II

Not sure what to do with this though.

It should be noted that this is a brand new clean install from start to end so no old files have been left behind & I have run the PHP update as well.

Regards Moshari.
moshari_3

Postby karesmakro » 14 Jan 2012 18:32

Hi !
moshari_3 wrote:Seems that the install I downloaded is missing code to handle the black listed emails.
I have looked through the code in mailscanner.sh and a lot of code for black & white list seems to be missing compared the v2.0.90 version.

Completely all Code is missing, except the mail command mode. This is right and it's o.k.! Take a look in the local.cf config file at
/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf in last section, you'll find the ifplugin shortciruit part uncommented.
Spamassassin is using good code to handle the black- and whitelists.

The black- and whitelist file self, you can find in /var/log/copfilter/default/etc/cp_spam_whitelist/local_webgui.cf
The local_webgui.cf is symlinked with the spamassassin etc dir and is parsed on starting spamd process. You can check this by typing following command on shell:
Code: Select all
/var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/default/bin/spamassassin -D --lint 2>&1 | less

and check for the line (it's one of the first 30 lines):
[2940] dbg: config: read file /var/log/copfilter/default/opt/mail-spamassassin/etc/mail/spamassassin/local_webgui.cf

I don't know, which button you clicked, for managing the black- and whitelist's ? On all my test installations this was working fine
You had already meant the Copfilter Whitelist-Manager on Copfilter status page?

Open the httpd_error.log and you should find, what's going wrong and if there is anything missing!

O.k. I saw your edit and it seems, that all is running well. You only have to check the presence of local_webgui.cf file and it's content!
The default content on a fresh installed system:
whitelist_from copfilter-announce@lists.sourceforge.net
whitelist_from copfilter@gmx.net
whitelist_from copfilter-main@lists.sourceforge.net

You're always able, to use the copfilter backup function! The black- and whitelists are included in the backup!

I hope, this helps!

regards

In addition: if a mail adress match with one, found in the local_webgui.cf, you'll see
 spamd: result: . -100 - RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,SHORTCIRCUIT,USER_IN_WHITELIST scantime=0.4,size=6580,user=filter,uid=1021,required_score=6.0,rhost=localhost,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=46112,mid=<4F11B048.1010xxx@xxx-linux.de>,autolearn=disabled,shortcircuit=ham

in spamd.log
karesmakro
Site Admin

Postby karesmakro » 14 Jan 2012 18:59

O.k. sorry!

It worked until the last version and I can reproduce the error!
I get a closer look and let you know the solution!
karesmakro
Site Admin

Postby karesmakro » 14 Jan 2012 19:43

I found the problem and it's a permission problem!

type following command
chmod 755 /var/log/copfilter/default/etc/cp_spam_whitelist
chmod 666 /var/log/copfilter/default/etc/cp_spam_whitelist/local_webgui.cf

sorry for that! I do not know how that happened :roll:

Thank you for reporting and the patience
karesmakro
Site Admin

Postby moshari_3 » 15 Jan 2012 05:19

Thanks Kare.

Problem solved. :D
Easy thing to miss, when I create a new user with scripts on Linux server at work it will sometimes mess up the owner & permissions on files & folders.
But only sometimes so all is forgiven. :D

Also my compliments on the work you have done with this I am very impressed.
Easy to install & configure - just read the notes.
Easy to use.

Again thanks so much for your help.

Regards Moshari.
moshari_3

Return to English Copfilter v2 Support